As mentioned in my previous post, I have have been wanting to make my own Kindle cover and last week, I set my heart on it and got my hands dirty.
Surprisingly, it only took an afternoon’s worth of effort, making it a relatively enjoyable project I must say. Moreover, the steps are simple, straightforward and most importantly, affordable. Altogether, I spent less than $5 on buying the materials I needed. So here is a quick look at the final product: If you are interested in how I did it, do continue reading! [Pics ahead]
Hard book cover
Old skirt about to be discarded
Glue gun/hot-melt adhesive
4. Wrap the fabric tightly around the sponge. The key to keeping your cover neat and tidy is to tuck the corners of the fabric at an angle. I cut the squarish corner up into two parts and pulled them in real tight at an angle. To make it last longer, I also sewed the seams up.
I am really pleased with the end product and would say this is certainly one of my tiny indulgences in life that makes me terribly satisfied.
Maybe it is time for you to try make something too! (: